Thursday 14 December 2006

Blame it all on a rush of blood to the head...

Regretfully, I am sick — which is why I have not been posting as much lately. I know many readers will probably be out of town for the winter holidays, but I will be posting over the next few weeks, so when those readers come back, I may have some goodies posted. I just need to continue to work on my "How to talk to a closed-minded person (if you must)" blog post series/ebook. I am researching John Stuart Mill, especially the views expressed in his On Liberty and the ideology of Utilitarianism. If anyone has any special knowledge in this area, please send me an email. (For feedback, one can always reach me at my alternate email address by clicking here.) I want to bump my lengthy essay (et al) on the Democrats and the United States elections, so, if you have not read it already, check it out here. See most of my "recommended" posts here. One thing I forgot to add to my post giving the hindsight scoop on the midterm elections was that illegal immigration did not seem to be nearly as big of a deal as was thought, just thought I'd mention that.

Song stuck in my head right now: "A Rush of Blood to the Head" by Coldplay; recently: "Imagine" by John Lennon.

UPDATE 16 December 2006 (1:19 AM EST): Well, still feeling bad. I just finished watching Chicago (the movie), which I had TiVo-ed a while back. I do wonder why we root for Roxie Hart even though we know she is guilty, self-centered, and corrupted by the pop celebrity atmosphere. I guess that's how Hollywood frames it; maybe its just modern pop culture's impression on us as viewers. Surely we are not free from prejudice...

No comments: