Sunday 4 November 2007

Greetings from China!

So it turns out I am able to access the web... (see post)

I arrived in China late last night. I am currently in Qinghuandao and the time here is 3:37 PM. While the culture differences are for the most part dramatic, many things are the same; I think a lot of people have misconseptions about this vast nation. Wherever one goes in the cities, one observes growth and development.

Hopefully I will be able to post more politically-relevant content later, although I don't know when I will be able to use the computer next. Search engines and news websites are hard to fully access due to government censorship; it's a wonder Blogger works!

Anyway, that's enough for now.

Oh, and Musharraf has worsened his dictatorial hold on Pakistan.

1 comment:

cwilcox said...

Ya gotta love technology, don't ya? You were on one side of the planet one day and another the next, you remain connected through the net as if you were sitting at home. You know I wouldn't want you to miss out on the Red Hog Diary while you are over there so some advice: If you google browse to the site you can reach it but if you type the url directly into the browser you can't. At least that's what my daughter found to be true when she spent the summer in Beijing. Take lots of pic's and post em for us!