Wednesday 18 October 2006

Fun Facts 2: Some good quotes...

Fun Facts 2 (see FF 1 too): The following is a collection of some of my favourite quotations, some known better than others:

"Knowledge is power." - Sir Francis Bacon

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference." - Robert Frost (The Road Not Taken)

"There's such thing as good grief. Just ask Charlie Brown." - Michael Scott (The Office: Season 3, Episode 4)

"Half of the American people never read a newspaper. Half never voted for President. One hopes it is the same half." - Gore Vidal

"Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives." - John Stuart Mill

"Maybe this judge thinks smoking gun is a famous Indian chief." - Det, Lennie Briscoe (Law & Order)

"Truth is not always popular, but it is always
right." - Unknown

"Civilization degrades the many to exalt the few." - Amos Bronson Alcott

"The 'war on terrorism' is like a war on dandruff... it's metaphorical." - Gore Vidal

"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it." - Sir Winston Churchill

"A closed mind is a good thing to lose." - Anonymous

"I celebrate myself, and sing myself." - Walt Whitman

"A free society is a place where it's safe to be
unpopular." - Adlai Stevenson

"Ask yourself whether you are happy and you cease to be so." - John Stuart Mill

"I'm the decider." - Pres. George W. Bush

"All men by nature desire knowledge." - Aristotle

"Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form." - Karl Marx

"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." - Pres. John F. Kennedy

"Nothing is impossible." - Unknown


* Many more good quotes can be found by doing a Google search.

Technorati technorati tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Digg!

No comments: