Saturday 28 October 2006

Two poems: "Dreams of Reality" and "Judging"

The following are two free verse poems written by me earlier this month.

Dreams of Reality
We dream of what we see.
What we dream, we see.

My dreams are a perspective of life,
Shown through one (sleeping) mind unconscious.

They at times
Make no sense,
But are they supposed to?
They are dreams
And dreams are nearer to reality than nothing.
Maybe reality is just a dream anyway...


Judging
Who rates, rationalizes,
Decides whether things are right are wrong?
Trying to influence our actions and thoughts.

Is there some morel compass?
Some having one more powerful
Than others'?
Be them true or false in each individual's perceptions,
Who are these self-justified moral figures?
Who are they, you, me
To judge others' actions?
Are we justified
To even judge our own?

(As a reminder, all works on this blog are covered by a Creative Commons license for copying only by attribution, no altering, and only noncommercial uses. It is my personal stance that asking explicit permission to me is sufficient for use of any work I post, only if attribution is still granted to me.)

Categories: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , Technorati technorati tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
In Perspective

No comments: