Saturday 7 October 2006

Turbulent times for journalism

I had written a very detailed, linked, and information-rich post on this topic just a couple minutes ago, but thanks to some technical difficulties all my hard work was lost. I will try to improve the post after I collect my nerve.

Russian journalist found dead, BALCO reporters under threat of prison, US government on the front lines against reporters trying to create more transparency in the government and expose things (i.e. doing their jobs, allowed by numerous laws and the Constitution), bias, hype, pop culture, and editorializing in much of mainstream US media, financial troubles in structure and advertising for newspapers and corporations, the further commercialization of news (e.g. Rupert Murdoch), so much news information and selection with the WWW now in the news arena, ... these are all problems currently facing American and international journalism.



Digg!

No comments: