Thursday 21 September 2006

Disunited Nations

Oh that devil! I am talking, of course, about the President of the United States, recently labeled by populist Venezuelan leader Hugo Chavez as 'the devil' (what will he think of next) during a meeting of the United Nations General Assembly in New York City. Of course, the Democrats refuse (by the way, that last link to a CNN article seems to be biased well against Chavez, liberal press my ass) to let Bush, their nemesis (if you will), get pummeled. while some international delegates applauded Chavez's comments, many US politicians, pundits, and other figures fumed.

My favourite quote:

You don't come into my country; you don't come into my congressional district and you don't condemn my president....
If there's any criticism of President Bush, it should be restricted to Americans, whether they voted for him or not.

--Rep. Charles Rangel, D-New York

The UN seems to be a hot topic the past few days. Fred Kaplan wrote a good article in Slate about Bush's recent UN speech.

Technorati technorati tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Digg!

No comments: